Friday, September 20, 2013

Remembering P. MaGee and Beebs



Sometimes, out of nowhere, I get trapped in the memory of loss. Today I was transported back to September 1, 2011 at the moment my beloved Babie was taking her last breaths. It's very painful even now and I've done a lot of grieving over the last two years. September and October are difficult months for me because they mark both the life and death of three of my dearest.

Two days from today, September 22, will mark the 9 year anniversary of Patches' departure. My brother will be gone for 19 years in October. I'm not sure where all the time goes, but I do know that in those moments, no time has passed.

To those of you who have or are struggling with the loss of a pet, please know that you are not alone. My cats and pigs are my children. I've heard many times, "It's just a cat." When those words are being spoken by the ones you go to for comfort in your time of need, it is very hurtful. They aren't "its" and especially aren't "just" anything. They are members of our families. Many times they are the ones who comfort us when we need it most. Each and every baby out there, whether they be furry, scaly, or feathered, deserves to be loved like they're the center of someone's world. So when you're feeling sad, like I am today, and that there was more you could have or should have done, remember that you only feel that way because you cared enough to give them your everything. Although it hurts when they're gone, it's completely worth it for all of the times like these:


No comments:

Post a Comment