Monday, November 9, 2015

The Big Event


BJ and I celebrated our 1 weekiversary this past Saturday and I'm sad that it's now back to life, back to reality. We didn't have a honeymoon, just a week off in which we actually did a lot of work. Now I'm playing catch up on Halloween packing and overall cleaning. I thought I'd take a break from the boring mess to share the very few picture I have of the party. Everything happened really fast and I didn't have time to take good pictures, so excuse the poor lighting. The picture above is a cool spider pumpkin made out of some kind of old farm equipment. It's hard to tell, but that pumpkin is huge.



The party was in my mom's garage. I think it turned out really festive!



I really regret not taking more pictures. BJ surprised me with a couple of crafts that he came up with and made all by himself, which I didn't take pictures of because I didn't have my phone on me. 



This picture doesn't do the tree justice. My sister painted it candy corn colors and I decorated it with my large collection of blowmold pails. It was probably my favorite part of the decor!



This was the photobooth. I bought a prop pack from Target with the hope that people would have fun and take pictures. That didn't happen... I worked really hard on the moon and it was a huge source of frustration because Basil kept scratching and breaking it so I had to keep fixing and painting it. I'm really glad that I didn't spend a ton of money on one from the Paper Moon Shoppe since this wasn't a hit like I thought it would be.



We wanted to surprise people with some floating wish lanterns. Most of them didn't take flight... and a lot of people were trying to leave while we were doing it. This was around 9 pm or earlier. That made me feel like a total loser... A quarter of the guests left before dessert was served! >_< I'm pretty sure a party at a nursing home is more swinging than our reception. 



We bought 2 and a half dozen vegan donuts from Glam Doll. They weren't cheap donuts from the gas station... and most of them came home with us along with almost everything else I made! The problem is that when people know they're eating vegan food it goes from being delicious to disgusting because anything vegan just has to be gross. I didn't tell anyone, but I heard several conversations about it being vegan. All of the food I made has been taste tested and approved by several non-vegan individuals prior to this so I know it wasn't just good to me. I made approximately 1 million pinwheels because they usually disappear quickly. I came home with most of them and now they are going to compost.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, but it was definitely disappointing because I felt like people didn't really want to be there. I actually spent most of the party awkwardly standing or sitting by myself. BJ stepped up and did a lot of things to surprise me and made it a special day which is really all that matters. I appreciate all of the effort that my mom and sister put into the party because it looked awesome!

Our wedding may not have been the best day ever, but we have a lot of excitement in our future! Check back soon and I'll share photos of our new booth and how it is already awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment