Thursday, July 30, 2015

Halloween 2015 At Gordmans


I LOVE Halloween at Gordmans! They have expanded a lot over the last few years and have just opened at store at Southdale. I used to have to drive all the way to Mankato (about 1.5 hours away) to visit a store (and I did because it's that good!), then they opened in Burnsville, which was still a bit of a drive since it's over the river and everything. Now it's right in my general location and I'm going to have to practice self control. I was going to buy the smaller version of the vintage inspired Happy Halloween thing, but decided on a nice faux leather jacket that said "vegan" right on its tag. They always have 20% coupons, so I don't like to buy things there at full price. The jacket came out to be $11 and change with a savings off suggested retail of almost $40! Woo-hoo!!!

If you aren't familiar, Gordmans is kind of like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. You have to be careful of the advertised savings on some things because they're going to tell you the high end retail price that most stores don't even sell the products at, but this place is awesome for seasonal and cheap decor in general.



I'm not so into the glittery stuff, but it's fun to look at nonetheless. The skeleton head has lights in his eyes that I'd love to see lit up, but the glitter prevents me from wanting to bring it home. I just really love the voodoo witch doctor feel he has. That whole second shelf from the bottom is spooky cute! (The pumpkins remind me that I need a Halloween Town marathon soon!)



This is only a portion of what they have in store already. That huge skeleton print has lights behind it, but the effect is pretty lame. Maybe it would look cooler in a dark room, but with all the lights on I was unimpressed. This used to be our secret place to get BJ's mom witchy/Halloweeny things because it is her favorite holiday, too. We walked into her house and saw the broomstick thing hanging on her permanent witch wall, so I guess the cat's out of the bag!

There are decorations for just about every Halloween style. Whether you like rustic, folksy, glittery, hipster, cute, vintage, and even a little spooky, this place will probably have something that catches your eye. This is truly a hidden gem for Halloween enthusiasts to get a fun fix. Happy haunting, Guys and Ghouls!

(I am not being compensated for this in any way. I just wanted to spread the word to my fellow Halloween lovers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment