Tuesday, October 13, 2015

More Halloween Crafts


I didn't exactly meet my deadline for the above craft, so sorry for not sharing when I said I would. I kept reminding BJ to take me somewhere to get a hinge and he would say, "Ok, let's go somewhere else first [instead.]" So I had it almost entirely completed, but couldn't make the hinged parts until I had the hinge. 


If you didn't know, this is the Sanderson Sisters' spellbook from Hocus Pocus. It is a big book that is covered in homemade paper mache, polymer clay, and paint. I used glow in the dark clay for the eyeball for extra creepiness. I'm happy overall with how it turned out, minus the lazy sculpts on the "metal" pieces.


I found this table at the Goodwill a couple of months ago. It used to be pink and green and white. I thought it would look very Burton-esque if painted black and white. This project took me about 6 hours. The lines are a bit wonky because my brush was really nasty with paint by the end of it and I for some reason didn't remember to use the painters tape I had right next to me... I might touch the vertical lines up.


This bat chandelier also took me a lot longer than expected. I spent a few hours just tying everything together and the bats on, but it is really cool!


I've got a pretty awesome vintage haul to share with you, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment