Monday, August 18, 2014

This Weekend's Finds


This weekend's finds had an unintentionally yellow theme. There were a ton of garage sale ads posted on the roads, but I didn't really find many that spoke to me. I spotted a red fridgie in a Craigslist post and of course it was gone by the time I got there, but a cute little Mid Century Modern hot plate with measuring conversions was there. There was a meat one as well, but I decided to leave it there as it doesn't fit with my lifestyle and I don't even like thinking of animals as food in illustration. The little pig with eyelashes pepper shaker and flatware also came from that sale. I swear, I'm not starting a salt and pepper shaker collection. This must and will not happen!

No scores from Arc's which surprised me. Even more than that, I found all the Pyrex at Goodwills! The yellow daisy Cinderella bowl is super duper shiny. The 024 looked a tad beat up before, but it cleaned up beautifully with a lot of elbow grease. The 8x8 cake pan cost more and it was much dirtier. I'll have to do a little investigation to see if I can get the baked on gunk off. I've never seen one of these in the wild, so I'm happy to add it to my collection, despite it not being my ideal color.

I found a church thrift shop that apparently happens every Saturday right up the street from me and everything is 25 cents! I couldn't believe I found a Pyrex custard cup carrier, a knife that matched the flatware I had purchased earlier in the day, and a really cute napkin holder. Now I have to make a bunch of cloth napkins for it. 

I also scored some paper skull Halloween decorations, a glow-in-the-dark plastic skeleton, and a few pieces of black/spider web fabric at another sale all for $1.50! The cherry on top of the weekend was finding $7 on the ground at the Twins game which paid for most of my Pyrex purchase! I took it as an apology from the universe for subjecting me to being molested in all my lady parts by two children the entire train ride to the ballpark! >_< I rarely leave the light rail without a story to tell.

Off to work on a new Halloween design for Spoonflower!

No comments:

Post a Comment