Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hello, Doris.


This is Doris. She's my 1960's Singer 338 and I finally took her out from under the debris of garage sale junk and whatnot. The table is in super minty condition and I have all the presser feet and cam discs that came with the machine. I tried it with the bobbin that came in it and with a new 66 bobbin and the new one didn't work. I guess I'll just have to keep winding the old one with different colors until I figure out where to obtain others that will work. >_<

You may remember the sewing chair from an earlier post. I bought it at an occasional sale earlier this year and finally got around to recovering it. I felt compelled to do so because my legs kept sticking to the plastic fabric that was on it. Here's a before and after.


I'm getting ready for No Coast Takes a Field Trip September 20 and Maker Fair Handcrafted Bazaar October 11 so I'm getting into the Halloween spirit! I've got a bunch of Ouija board placemats cut, pinned, and ready to sew and am heading to Joann tomorrow to get the rest of the fabric I need to finish everything! I got the proofs to some new fabrics from Spoonflower this week too and am so excited about how they turned out! I'm thinking I need to make a tablecloth for myself out of the Pyrex design!


More soon, enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment