Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pyrex Love Bag



Here's the bag that I made from the Ruby Star Sparkle fabric! I made it from this tutorial and it was pretty simple for my first time ever making a bag. I got the wrong kind of interfacing so I didn't use any on most of the fabric; I wanted to just get it made since I found myself in the mood to complete the project. It took me about 4 hours to complete because my Singer Promise decided to keep its promise to always keep me frustrated. [I highly don't recommend this machine.] I also feel there may have been some paranormal foul play as the stitch length knob had been turned drastically from what I had it set at not two minutes before- and I didn't change it! I ended up spending a lot of time ripping out stitches as a result because it got all gummed up on the backside.




I decided to add a zippered pocket which wasn't in the tutorial, and I decided to wing it instead of finding a tutorial on how to properly install one. It turned out okay, but next time I might do a little research first.

I've found a wallet tutorial that I plan on making next with the same lovely fabric. Other projects on my docket are Christmas presents and face masks for this upcoming Black Friday. Apparently it's getting cold and staying cold. Bleh! >_< 

It has been another gloomy week here so I haven't had a chance to get any good shots of my so perfect pumpkin or our awesome occasional sale scores from this weekend. I think the occasional sale weekend is my new favorite weekend of the month. I'm just sad that the Halloween season is over for them. That just means that I can look forward to precious vintage Christmas ornaments next month!

Don't forget to pick up some Halloween items from my Etsy store!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment